Based in Edinburgh + Sydney
July 10th, 2018
Nintendo Switch, Steam (PC, Mac)
Muddledash is a couch-competitive octopus racing game. You are a wriggly little octopus, trying to get to the most bopping party of the year with a gift in your tentacles before all your friends. Just one catch - there's only one gift. Fashionably late is now out of season.
Muddledash began as a small experiment in physics-driven animations in early 2016. When we realised how fun it was to scurry around the worlds we'd created, we spent our summer intensely developing the game into what it is today. We're currently in the throes of finding a way to get the game out into the world, and hope you'll be able to get your mitts on it very soon.
- Fast paced slippery octopus racing.
- Local multiplayer with support for up to 4 players.
- Tag-team respawning, so you can be as cheeky as you like with your friends.
- Carefully crafted procedural levels and palettes - never run the same course twice!
- Original soundtrack by RJ Lake.
Switch Trailer YouTube
Release announcement YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Muddledash. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "EGX Rezzed - Leftfield Collection" Official selection - London, April 2017
- "NowPlayThis" Official selection - London, April 2017
- "A MAZE. Johannesburg" Official selection - Johannesburg, September 2017
- "Intel Level Up Contest" Finalist - 2017
- "GlesGames" Tournament & showcase - Glasgow, June 2017
- "Feral Vector" Official selection - Hebden Bridge, June 2017
- "Game Happens" Official selection - Genova, August 2017
- "Smithsonian American Art Museum Arcade" Official selection - Washington D.C, August 2017
- "Bit Bash" Official selection - Chicago, August 2017
- "Super Cozy Arcade" Official selection - Cape Town, August 2017
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
We keep an development blog for Muddledash on the TIGSource forums. You can check it out here: forums.tigsource.com.
slampunks is two game developers from Scotland and Australia respectively clonking their smooth heads together to create a party game about racing octopuses.
More information on slampunks, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design, art, mixed bag
Programming, design, art, fingers in many pots
Robert J! Lake
Music, sound design